Day 2: We had breakfast at the hotel and while Adam and I slept in a little(7am) Joe and Reece went swimming. We went to the outlet mall ib search of shoes but ended up buying jibitz(sp) for the boys crocs and chocolate from a specialty store. Reece wanted the chocolate covered twinkie...we all had a bite but Reece ate most of it and loved every minute of it! We decided to take the boys on a Helicopter tour(none of us had ever been on a helicopter before). As we were deciding if it would be a good idea for me to go since I am 7 months pregnant my doctors office called my cell phone out of the blue. They actually were calling to reschedule my c-section date from aug 24 to aug 26(3 days before my due date uughh). Since they called me I asked them if it was ok for me to go up in a helicopter. She asked a nurse and came back and told me "absolutely DO Not take a helicopter ride" I did not expect them to say that but I took pictures while the boys went up in the helicopter. They loved it and I loved that they had that experience even though I could not go too. We also had "old time" photo taken of the boys. Reece was so excited because he dressed up as a "Sheriff with lots of guns". He said he can not wait to to do that again ;)
Day 3 highlights: We went to Ha Ha Tonka state park and chose some simple trails to hike. Picture this: a 7 month pregnant out of shape mommy wearing sandals, a small 2 almost 3 year old wearing Diego crocs, a five year old wearing cowboy boots, a policeman hat, cuffs and gun belt fully equipped with a gun...and daddy the only one that actually wore tennis shoes!!! We were a sight to see! Outdoorsman we are not at least at this time in our lives but with the exception of the heat we did ok.
Day 4: We drove to Hannibal. We had lunch and took a trolley ride around town. The highlight of the day for the boys was the "train store." The entire store sold "Thomas" trains but the best part was half of the store contained a huge train table and was meant for kids to play with it. It was air conditioned which was great for Mommy ;) They did not want to leave the store and Reece even mentioned to the clerk "we'll be back so don't let anyone move my Fedex trucks" He had a definite love for the Fedex trucks that were part of the train table. I did not have the heart to tell him that we would not be coming back.
Day 5: We went on the Mark Twain steam boat ride followed by the tour of the Mark Twain Cave. This cave was much different than Meramec caverns as the rock walls were much closer on the walkway. Adam was pretty nervous and I was a little uncomfortable because I do not like closed in spaces either. The tour was actually very cool but an hour was plenty for me and my pregnant self ;) I do recommend the tour for anyone who may visit the area because you definitly knew you were in a cave. The walls were closing in ...
Although this was a very local vacation the boys had a great time. Many times Reece said to us "thank you mommy and daddy for taking us on vacation...this is fun." They loved living in the hotels and skipping there naps most days. We are still trying to get back on a nap schedule and we have been back 3 days now. Joe and I had a nice time too but most of all we enjoyed making the boys happy...and they definitely were!




1 comment:
Love all the pics, especially the old time photo! Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment