Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adam kisses

I wanted to write quick note about this while it is in the present moment. Someday it will only be a memory and I want to remember these little moments in time. With Joe and I both working full time we often feel really overwhelmed in the evenings. The boys are both small and all they really want is to be played with and snuggled. They really don't care if dinner is on the table, if they get a bath, if they are wearing clean clothes but of course we do. So last night while the house was quiet and I was the only one awake reading my book I kept getting distracted by my thoughts. Adam was my focus and I was thinking about how he loves to say "up" and lift his arms in the sky for us to hold him. Sometimes it seems to be at the least opportune moments but I try to always accommodate him because it is so sweet. Whenever I pick him up I face him towards me(belly to belly) and wrap his legs around me and he lays his head on my shoulder for a quick few seconds. He then will lift his head and put his cheek on my lips and wants a bunch of fast kisses. When I look out of the corner of my eye I can see the heart warming grin on his face. He loves this time and I love it too. He will do this routine with me, Joe and grandma Barb and Grandpa Sam. Amazing how much better and less stressed I feel when I take a few moments to hold and kiss my baby. Adam James, Mommy loves you and your big brother Reece Joseph more than anything in this world and I will always be there for you waiting to lift you up!

No comments: