The boys and I were in the empty half of our concrete basement(we are having it finished starting this week) riding on their tricycles. Reece and I were playing traffic cop and I would try to speed away and he would of course stop me and give me a ticket. As an adult on a child's toy my knees bowed out to the side while riding on the vehicle I was using. As I rounded the corner I must have forgotten where my knee was because I slammed it hard into the corner of the concrete wall. I saw stars and slide off the bike onto the dusty concrete floor in obvious pain. The boys were right there with me and Reece said "Mommy are you ok." It hurt so bad I could not speak for a moment and tried to figure out if I could still actually bend my knee. Reece said again "Mommy are you ok." followed by "Mommy does your boo boo need a kiss?" As I am lying on the nasty ground Adam bends over me and kisses me on the lips as Reece is kissing my knee. Looking back it was absolutely so sweet and I love that they, at such young ages, were able to show compassion and try to help me. The knee is sore but I am fine. We were having such a great time for the 30 minutes before I ruined the fun...I can't count how many speeeding tickets I received from that mean little cop! ;) Mommy loves you guys with all my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment