Wednesday, November 4, 2009

night time happenings

Usually we put the boys to bed at the same time since they sleep in the same room. But last night Reece was exhausted and fell asleep early so when it was time for Adam to go to bed I asked him "Do you want to go in your crib or do you want Mommy to hold you?" I was pretty sure what his answer was going to be and to be honest I kind of wanted a little snuggle time with him too. He so sweetly said "Hold YOU" not "hold me" but "hold you"...so sweet even though I know he just had his words mixed up a little. I asked him a couple of more times later just to hear him say it again ;)

Also, before Reece got tired last night he told me that he wanted to wear underwear to bed "like mommy and daddy" instead of his pull up. We have tried this several times but he usually wakes up with a wet bed in the middle of the night. I reminded him about going potty at night if he needed to and we made him go to the bathroom 2 times with 30 minutes of "Wind down time." He crashed early while watching TV and STAYED DRY! He even slept longer than usual! We were very excited and Reece was very proud of himself. one night down...many more to go!


Next night...night 2....Flooood city! Not sure how to manage this...wait until his body matures enough or keep trying. I know he does not wet the bed on purpose. What is a parent to do????

No comments: