Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm so happy!

We met for a quick dinner last week at a local Mexican restaurant that happens to be in the same strip mall as target. I needed to run into Target to get a bag of gum for a game at Reece's school so after we ate I mentioned going there quickly. The boys ears perked up because they always want to go with me no matter where I am going and because they know I am a sucker for letting them get a "dollar toy" from the dollar bins. So the 3 of us decided to walk up to Target and as we were leaving the restaurant Reece held up his hand to the man at the register and said "Don't worry my dad's gonna pay, we are going to target with mom." It was pretty funny!

As we walked down the sidewalk to Target I walked closest to the road holding one of Adam's hand and Reece walked on the other side of Adam holding Adam's other hand. As we walked Adam looked up at me and said "Mommy, I'm so happy!" It melted my heart because I spend a lot of time worrying about the lack of time I get to be with them because I am a working mom. In reality something as little as letting them walk over to Target with me was the absolute highlight of his day!

They were so good at Target and my bag of gum only ended up costing me $19. haha. They each got a dollar toy but we found some snacks and some other household things that we needed to buy. I don't think I can ever go to target and just get one item anyway.

No comments: