Friday, August 20, 2010

Kindergarten First week 8-17-10


Reece started kindergarten this year and he was a little nervous. Joe and I were both able to take him because I ended up having Sam a few weeks early and I was already on maternity leave. Sam was just one week old when Reece had his first day of kindergarten. I was having a really hard time with lots of tears but I think some of those tears came from all the pregnancy hormones ;) Our preemie baby is getting big and sometimes that is hard to accept.

Reece stayed on Green his first week of school which we are very proud of him for that...he tells me about the rules all the time so hopefully that will stick with him.

Reece has been negotiating with us a lot at home but I was thinking that it had not carried over to school and I was happy about that....wrong!

His teacher (after 2 days of school) said she know he can write his name but he does not want to do it. When asked to write his name on his paper he said to her "how about I just put a green mark on the line and then you will know its my paper?" Writing is his least favorite thing to do but I sure wish he would just make our lives easier and stop negotiating with his teacher :) Further I chatted with the teacher assistant and she said he is negotiating about other things throught his day too! I hope this new behavior is just a transition thing because we brought home his new baby brother Sam a week ago too.





No comments: