Thursday, October 21, 2010

The grocery store

I have been breaking myself in slowly with taking all three boys together out in public. It is a bit challenging but it is getting easier but it really depends on ALL of our moods. My thinking is “this is our life now so I may as well jump in head first and get used to it.” Yesterday I took all of them to the grocery store together for the first time. I did not need to do our weekly shopping but I did need to pick up a bunch of items on sale. I have taken them numerous times to Target but at Target Reece always walks and now Adam has discovered that walking allows him more access to touching things and running.


So…at the grocery store they have “car” carts which the boys like to ride in. I don’t really mind since that keeps both Reece and Adam contained in one place while I shop. However as they have gotten bigger the cart has gotten heavier to push. So back to yesterday… I placed Sam(in his car seat) into the main part of the basket and lifted Reece and Adam into the two drivers seats. I look down at the basket to realize that I had very little room for any groceries. I had to decide which groceries I had to have and which groceries I could get at a later date ;) The big boys make driving and beeping noises through the entire store and I keep reminding them to NOT throw groceries into the basket because they will land on Sam. I piled as many items as I could around Sam’s car seat and a few light items on his lap. Reece and Adam had items stuffed all around their feet and in their laps too. It was quite a sight. As I was looked at something on a shelf an older lady stopped to see the boys. The first thing she asked me was Three boys?” and I smiled and said “yes…3 BOYS.” The normal response form most people is “wow you have your hands full.” But to my surprise this lady said “That’s wonderful I wish I had been so lucky!” I followed with saying “yes we are.” What a great thing to hear from a complete stranger at the end of the day when I was tired and the boys were a tad bit feisty. I do thank God everyday for our three healthy baby boy’s and watch them grow more and more every day into little men.  

No comments: