Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reece

We chose to send our children to Catholic school and so far it has proven to be the right decision for us and the boys. Reece loves school and is doing well academically but has really taken to the religion part of his day. Ever since he was an infant we said a night time prayer together and blessed people in our lives. Reece and Adam will add people to our list as they see need but once on the list, always on the list. Reece consistently reminds us to say our meal prayers and night prayers too. The other day we were driving and an ambulance was driving past and the boys were excited by the sirens of course, I mentioned to them as I usually do that someone was sick or hurt and needed to get to the hospital. Just as I was about to say it aloud Reece yelled from the back seat "Lets say a prayer for that person and the people that love them." SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

When we pass the cemetary where our granny is buried Reece wants to say a prayer for her and the other people who died.


Last night our neighbor had the flu and we were walking by their house...reece said "I feel sad for Owen because he is sick...lets pray for him at bedtime mom so he can feel better tomorrow." This morning he asked if Owen was better because we prayed for him? My boys are definitely not perfect but I Love that they care about and love others!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Francie said...

That is incredibly sweet! Love it! :)

Paula Lynn said...

it is wonderful that he has that much love in his heart for others, wish more kids were like yours, I think Reece would get a long with my Gabriel, he is a prayer warrior too. God bless the innocent, and my they never change