Thursday, December 23, 2010

kids pizza

We went out to dinner tonight at pasta house(which is usually not a favorite of ours but we wanted to go somewhere different than our usual places). I was reading the list of foods on the kids menu to Reece encouraging him to try something new, he usually wants grilled cheese when we go out and luckily that was not on the menu. So as I was reading...spaghetti, fetticini, toasted ravioli etc I paused for a second and Reece said "You forgot to tell me about the 'kids pizza'" ...I looked at him funny and he pointed to the exact words on the menu "kids pizza." He basically was reading the menu with me and I did not even realize it. It is so exciting that he is learning to read. When we read books together he seems a bit "put out" when I ask him to read some words but he loves to point out words in our environment which is awesome. I guess I can't spell words to Joe anymore without some little ears possibly understanding me ;)

No comments: