Reece has been attending swim lesson for a year now and is making slow progress. He loves being social while there so much that the actual lessons are secondary for him. Due to his slow progress at the YMCA we signed him up for a 4 week daily session at SIUE in their outdoor pool. Of course he loves it and both the first 2 weeks and the second 2 weeks he had male instructors. He finally will put his face in the water and seems to generally be more comfortable. However, during the entire session I could over hear him saying to the instructors..."You got me." He was afraid they were going to just let him go under the water. During one lesson (with a life jacket) he went down the big slide 2 times with his instructor there to catch him. I was so proud of him! He told me later when I asked if he was going to go on the slide again tomorrow "no, I did that already." I think it may have scared him alittle more than he could put into words. His favorite part of swim lessons is the last five minutes..."Play time"...having male instructors they were all too willing to play water guns in the giant baby pool. I personally don't like guns and have tried to keep him away from them but over the past 6 months he has talked about them nonstop. So, playing water gun fights with a grown up in a pool is his idea of the BEST TIME EVER!! Since his lessons are in the morning I have not been faithfully applying sun screen therefore Reece has developed a great tan with cute little tan lines.
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">




No comments:
Post a Comment